From:
"Michael, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:22:51 -0700
Our Chief Legal Counsel dropped off a flyer advertising "Guide to
Records Retention", written and sold by Business Laws, Inc.  This is a 3
volume set selling for $325, and is updated annually.  Although I've not
come across this publication in the past, it seems prudent to consider
adding it to our library of resources.  I've reviewed the table of
contents and Googled the individually-named authors, but I was wondering
if anyone out is listserv land has seen this publication and would you
recommend it, or not.

The link to the specific publication is:
http://www.businesslaws.com/default.asp?htmlPage=toc36.htm

When I was Googling the authors, I found a paper of possible interest
written by Ladd A. Hirsh.  The paper is titled "Document Retention and
Destruction: Issues in a Post Sarbanes-Oxley World".  This paper offers
a model document retention policy that I found interesting, especially
coming from an attorney.  The link to this paper is:
http://www.cdhlaw.com/pdf/LHirsch1.pdf

Thanks in advance for any opinions or comments you may have on the value
of the "Guide to Records Retention".

Sincerely,

Lee Michael, CRM
Records Program Manager