From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 11:48:39 -0400
On 5/24/05, Angelou, Anne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have read several news articles (and one posting in RAIN) about shredding
> in which they say shredders can be purchased for as little as $25.  I
> purchased one (Fellowes) for $75 and "killed" it after shredding one
> standard storage box full of paper.

I agree with JohnA that you get what you pay for.

I seriously doubt that this particular machine was designed to be run
continously in order to shred an entire box of paper. That is over
2000 sheets of paper (of varying quality and weights). These home
machines are designed for intermittent use through out the day, not
continous use hour by hour. If you want a rugged machine that will
take care of a standard records box full of paper then expect to pay
several hundred dollars for the machine.

any piece of equipment requires care and maintenance in order for it to last.
--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va