From:
Vicki Walch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:07:00 -0500
Today is the opening day of what has really become "archives season" across
the United States.  Several western states have designated the entire month
of October as "Archives Month."  Archivists in many other states and cities
have planned Archives Week activities throughout October and November.  See
the Archives Week Directory at http://www.coshrc.org/arc/archweekdir.htm for
all of the details and links to specific programs.

Be sure to look at the Archives Week Poster Gallery for some inspiring
images! http://www.coshrc.org/arc/archweekposters.htm

October 1st is the beginning of "Archives Month" celebrations in Colorado,
Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming celebrate throughout October 2004.  The Society of
Rocky Mountain Archivists is coordinating activities throughout its region
all month.

In addition, here's when various states, cities, and regions are celebrating
"Archives Week" in 2004:

October 2-9:  Georgia, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Houston TX, Washington State

October 9-16:  Delaware Valley Archivists, Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives
Conference, Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Chicago IL, Kentucky,
New York, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia

October 17-24:  New Mexico, Wisconsin

October 24-30:  Nevada, Tennessee

October 31-November 6:  Austin TX

November 7-13:  New England

November 14-20:  Oklahoma

Special programs tied into other archives- and history-related events are
also planned by the Kansas City Area Archivists on October 2, the Montana
Historical Records Advisory Board on October 28, and the Kansas State
Historical Society on November 11.

If you have an event planned that isn't listed, send me the details and I'll
add it to the Archives Week Directory right away.  My email service has been
erratic this week, so if you sent me a notice and I didn't respond, please
resend it.  I want to make sure to catch every event!

Good luck with all your events and Happy Archives Week/Month to all!
Vicki Walch

Victoria Irons Walch
COSHRC Program Director
65 N Westminster St, Iowa City, IA  52245-3833
Telephone: 319.338.0248   Fax: 319.354.2526
http://www.coshrc.org/