From:
Laura Boldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:19:43 -0700
Thanks to all of you who responded to my e-mail.  I have been checking
out the RAIN postings and they have been very helpful.  Thank you Peter!
 The website that you sent Lee, was also very helpful.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend,

Laura

Hello Laura!

Maybe the outcome of the USB v. Warburg case would be helpful.  It's
been in the RAIN positings (Thanks again Peter!) and accessible through
the archive at http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html.

So far I only have cost avoidance re: paper storage or rather what
space would be needed and cost if we had no program in place.  I'm
working on the e-records black hole however & preservation issues.

Jim

Laura Boldt wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>My boss is putting together a presentation on why we need to change
>records management software.  He wants to get the point across of the
>importance of records management.  I suggested that he tell the
audience
>about a "records management horror story" or two.  You know, a
company
>didn't have an adequate records management program in place, they got
>sued and lost their shirt.  Or they had a system in place, didn't use
it
>and lost their shirt.  I already gave him the examples in Skupsky's
book
>but he would like more recent examples.  Can anybody help me?  BTW,
we
>are a privately held engineering firm in the US.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Laura Boldt
>Records Management Supervisor
>David Evans and Associates