From:
Jim Mullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:01:37 -0700
Terri and Kerry,

On 10/20 Terri wrote
<<,I joined this list thinking it was a place to get published =
articles on records management (I'm a student.)>>>

Perhaps the digest mode of the listserv would serve your purposes better.  That way you get one posting per day of the previous day's activities instead of many individual messages.  Links to several published articles exist on the list, many of them via Peter K's gallant efforts through his RAIN postings and from others in the form of rain drops, or drips, or whatever one wishes to call them.  I'm sure most here would agree that losing a student, or any number of them, would be a loss for all of us.

Short story - as a grad student, I regularly scanned the digest mode of the list in addition to work and family responsibilities, and still do.  I've found it an invaluable tool for keeping up on trends both technical and legislative - and even have some fun.  You may not find anything pertinent to an exact question immediately, but all you have to do is ask.  There's a good, professional, wide, international knowledge base here.  Use it to your advantage.  Stay and grow with us.

Cheers (as Glenn and our friends across the pond would say),

Jim

Jim Mullen, Records Manager
Oregon University System
Records Management Services