From:
"Persons, Henry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:54:17 -0400
If this is for Army, the following might be helpful.  The traditional
morning report (DA Form 1, I believe) went away in the early 1970's.
Computers took over.  Also, MARKS no longer is the Army recordkeeping
system.  It is now called The Army Records Information Management System
(ARIMS) or AR 25-44-2, dated 30 September 2004.

As a researcher, I believe the morning reports are a permanent record.  If
so, they should be available at the National Archives.  Perhaps a current
Army employee with electronic access to ARIMS can check and see.  (The
actual disposition schedules are only available to US Army folks.  The rest
of us cannot access them online.)

The below responder is correct.  Branch of service, unit, and time period
are necessary to pursue this.  From looking at the 1993 edition of MARKS and
the new ARIMS, the recordkeeping requirements were applicable to the active
Army as well as the Army National Guard, U.S. Army Reserve, and ROTC
instructor groups.  If the time period is fairly recent, it is possible that
the records may have not been transferred.  For older records the National
Archives activity that deals with modern military records may have them.

Henry Persons