From:
Arlene Bronstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:27:18 -0500
        We are getting these machines in our office and according to the specifications they have a feature which "provides both immediate image overwrite and on demand image overwrite functions". This supposedly conforms to DOD 52000.28-M (which I have to look up).

        The people here were told that these machines "overwrite" the images so they are not retrievable - completely erased. I pointed out that overwritten images are usually retrievable by forensic people, not the same as "erased" images.

        Does anyone have any experience w/this Xerox machine and whether the images created are really erased? Thanks very much.

        Arlene Bronstein
        Record Center Manager
        Davis Polk & Wardwell