From:
"Mayberry, Kim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:14:14 -0500
Hi All!  This is my first time posting although I have been a long time
"learner" of this list.  I have found it to be quite valuable in
determining best practices for our records program.  According to what I
have read on the list, I am supposed to give you a brief introduction as
a first-time poster.  Well, here goes.

I am the Division Records Coordinator of a 900+ employee division of a
communications company.  Each Division of the Company manages its own
records program as set forth by guidelines established by our Corporate
office.  My responsibilities cover the compliance of all (decentralized)
paper and electronic files; the safe storage of back up tapes, and
training of all employees.  I oversee 5 different records centers within
the Division where we store all of our archived boxes (totally on-site
storage).  I also oversee an annual records clean out followed by an
annual compliance audit.

I have searched the list's archives for anything pertaining to
compliance audits.  From that I have gathered some information that will
help fine-tune the process (such as calling it a Review as opposed to an
Audit!).  For that I thank you.  My question now is this:  Has anyone
developed a questionnaire and/or form for this purpose?  If so, could
you please share with me and others some prime samples of questions that
truly find any inadequacies in the program?  I have created one that is
just too cumbersome to be effective.  My "Reviews" are designed to focus
on the positive and constructively point out any issues.  Any ideas or
direction for additional research is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the opportunity to learn from the best in the field!

Kim M Mayberry
 email:  [log in to unmask]
Web:  www.twcneo.com