From:
"Michael, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:33:38 -0700
Kim,

A checklist that I have adapted and used for my own program assessment
was created by NARA.  It is comprehensive, although geared toward
federal records management requirements, and can be adapted to your own
set of requirements.  The link to the web version of the Self-Evaluation
Guide is:
http://www.archives.gov/records_management/publications/records_manageme
nt_self_evaluation_guide.html

Good luck,

Lee Michael, CRM
Records Program Manager
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Golden, CO

<snip>
I have searched the list's archives for anything pertaining to
compliance audits.  From that I have gathered some information that will
help fine-tune the process (such as calling it a Review as opposed to an
Audit!).  For that I thank you.  My question now is this:  Has anyone
developed a questionnaire and/or form for this purpose?  If so, could
you please share with me and others some prime samples of questions that
truly find any inadequacies in the program?  I have created one that is
just too cumbersome to be effective.  My "Reviews" are designed to focus
on the positive and constructively point out any issues.  Any ideas or
direction for additional research is greatly appreciated!
<snip>