From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:39:09 -0800
Hey Terry-

You may find some fuel within your own company's Code of Conduct. Look at
the parts that talk about documentation and communication. The tie to FERC
is obvious and mentioned right upfront.

This kind of approach has worked well for me in the past. I would think that
just given the industry you are in there would be extreme sensitivity
particularly in our post-Enron, deregulated world.

I think the tough thing about IM is that by it's nature, it lends itself to
casual conversation and use, even though it may be used in the development
and deployment of business decisions. I do not believe IM is a bad thing,
but it does take some particular thought and planning for proper
installation, process, and procedures in a corporate environment.

Sharon Burnett
Seattle Washington USA