From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:09:33 -0800
A while back there was a good post on a "poor mans EDMS". This company
was trying basically what you are suggesting. Here's the link to that
post - http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0310&L=recmgmt-l&P=R23311.
Perhaps you could contact Tom Love and see how it's working out.

Nolene Sherman
Records Manager - CJ Segerstrom & Sons

My boss wants to just keeping digital copies of reports and accessing
them on line and not keep paper copies at all, however, he does not
think it is necessary to spend the money on a document management
system.  He wants to just save the reports on a file server, like
someone would in their own computer.  To me, since we would be saving
reports from several mines, this seems like it could over time, become
very difficult to weed through all of the individual files to find the
report one wants.