From:
AF Cossham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:50:56 +1300
hello all

I'm revising a distance education course I teach on library and information
issues, and broadening it considerably to cover records management and
archives too. Title will now be just Information issues.  The first module
considers information technology and the impact of the information society
on these information industries.

I'm trying to locate information about the development of technology in
records management and archives - especially over the last 10-20 years.
There's plenty on technology in libraries, but it is proving jolly difficult
to locate suitable resources for RM and A. I have done some extensive
searching (both subscription databases and www). However, articles I've
sourced cover specific instances of the use of a particular piece of
technology, but there do not seem to be good overviews around.

I am also interested in any coverage of emerging technologies.

It's not that I don't know what has happened generally, but I have only one
perspective on this (and an Australasian one), and could do with more
specific detail and an international view. I also have a rather one-eyed
perspective on what has (or hasn't happened) in archives.

I do not need articles on electronic formats/documents/resources per se (got
plenty), although clearly anything discussing technology use is going to
cover this to some extent.

Any assistance in the way of articles or chapters will be much appreciated.
Am I missing something really obvious?

Regards,
Amanda

Amanda Cossham
Lecturer, Information and Library Studies
The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
0508 650 200 extension 5518
or (04) 913 5518 (Wellington callers)
Fax: (04) 560 5727