From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:00:02 -0500
We use the Fujitsui 5750C (not sure it has the VRS - but it might) for
our old handwritten tap sheets and tap cards - many with field notes.
It is easy to use, very versatile, we use mainly for auto feed, but have
occasional need for the flatbed.  Easy to switch between auto feed and
flatbed.  Very little downtime.  We are scanning several hundred cards
and half-sheets per day - some are very old and somewhat brittle.  We
have no problem with any we have fed through.  We found we got the best
resolution using 24-bit color rather than grey scale (b&w doesn't work
well - too many handwritten in pencil).

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager