From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:44:44 -0500
Irene,

You also might consider providing links to some products that
illustrate how the law firm benefits from good records management.   In
other words, provide examples of the outcomes of good record keeping, of
instances where having records helped the firm.

Although I agree with other List members that people usually come to a
RIM website to find out what they should do with a particular record,
and you need to have the FAQs in the forefront, it's good to remind
users elsewhere of the broader purpose of record keeping.  Otherwise
you're in danger of the effort just becoming one of process -- something
people do because "those people in records management for some reason
nag us about it."

I've found that referring or linking people to a product that relied on
the preservation of textual and audiovisual records, such as a history
book or exhibit, sometimes triggers a "V-8" moment by illustrating
nicely the longterm benefits of managing records properly!

Maarja

My law firm is starting to put to together an intranet site for the
file
room/records department.  I am in the process of working on a list of
documents, information and material which should be included in this
and
want to get feedback from others who may have their own intranet site
for the Records department/file room.

Thank you.

Irene Eklund
Donovan Hatem LLP