From:
Stephanie Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:39:23 -0500
We are using an HP8550 as a network printer.  I am currently looking to
replace it with a multifunction machine (scans, prints, copies, faxes).
I've never used the printer for bar codes.  We do print a lot of maps and
photographs.  Some of the photos are of mineral specimens so being able to
see slight variations in colour is important.  In this respect the printer
is great.  The quality of the print jobs are terrific, however, the machine
takes a long, long time to calibrate at the start of a print job and even
with memory upgrades one has to send large files like PowerPoint
presentations, 20 pages at a time.

Stephanie Thomas
Office Manager
Aur Resources Inc.