From:
Stephanie Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:20:39 -0500
Hi Barton,

It will depend upon how the paper has been stored.  In my case, I found
entirely faded, or almost entirely faded pages of thermal paper in binders
and files where light could get at them.  These pages were from the early to
mid 1990's.  On the other hand, I've found perfectly legible faxes from the
early to mid 1980s in files that have been inactive and stored in boxes off
site for the last 10 years.

What I do, is, if I come across something on thermal paper and it looks like
it is not worth keeping (for example, the travel arrangements for the 1988
annual corporate golf tournament) I leave it.  If I think the information is
useful or may be useful I photocopy it, albeit not on acid free paper.

Stephanie Thomas
Aur Resources Inc.