From:
Don Saklad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:19:44 -0500
Regarding being offended by a critial comment...

Someone or some people did not actually read the content and took
offense jumping on a bandwagon.

Then noone answered what is asked in the last paragraph at
http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0503c&L=recmgmt-l&F=&S=&P=7072

No vilification. No contempt. No intense vicious ill will in the
content. No ad hominem. Of course anybody could perceive otherwise
beyond intent to comment about a lack of a cooperative spirit that
people have remarked on generally as being the inspiration and mission
of our exchanges contributed to the forum threads.

Things that are asked contribute focus to concepts. Asking about
something itself can be as much a contributed thing as are the

Supervisory and managerial practices can be a lot sharper than any
comment about an uncooperative spirit of a particular response.
Taking to extreme did less to contribute than would have answering to
what is raised in a more neutral manner. The points raised pertinent
to the actual comment afterward did not further enlighten the matter
being addressed already as the premise of the comment in this round.

I am interested in how things are done and the background behind how
things are done. I know people who ask about that all the time over
and over and repetitively to learn more about what they want to know.
Or to have emphasized what might not be entirely crystal clear. We
have seminars where people are invited explain how they do what they
do. I continue to be interested in the particular search terms and the
particular search engines for the compiled Records and Archives in the
News as a case study in how to do something as well as that enterprise
has been most useful to our
http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcrmu/rmuidx.htm Massachusetts Public
Records Division, our custodians of records and our records
requesters. Obviously, as a model it could be applied many ways that
would improve communication among the profession and related
professions about other subjects, if there were more openness and
explicit recounting of how the compiling works. Case studies do that.
Some learn by example. Different people learn in different ways.

If any of you nice folks out there would, please let me know if you
do have any ideas on what is asked in the last paragraph
http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0503c&L=recmgmt-l&F=&S=&P=7072