From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:44:20 -0600
>>A note. I am in critiquing, a fan, an aficionado of the work and of
the writings of Peter Kurilecz!<<

If this is how you treat those you admire, how do you treat the rest.

>>Peter Kurilecz CRM CA should be called to account for the
uncooperative response with respect to archives and records in the news
compiled from sources like newspapers.<<
I am not speaking for Peter, but I would suggest that he has told you
enough of how the searches are structured so you can figure it out for
yourself.  I would not call that uncooperative, I would call that
gracious.

>>How accountable do you hold yourself when your clients, customers
critique how you make available the records, the information you manage?
I am not a client nor customer, but someone who greatly benefits from
the selfless work Peter does ebvery week.  I would suggest when you
become either client or customer you will have paid for the right to
critique Peter's service.  Until then, I believe he has provided you
with more than enough information to duplicate the searches he uses.  If
you are unable to use them efficiently, I suggest that you spend some
time educating yourself in the techniques.  Frankly, this list and the
Boston Library would appreciate if you were to find something else to
work on for the next 10 to 20 years.

>>... Are you closed to feedback or open?<<
Peter is open to feedback, we have see that numerous times.  I would ask
the same about you?  Are you closed or open to feedback.  Based on the
thread from this issue, I would guess that you are not.

>>... Do you put into practice what you enunciate as your mission,
professional principles?<<
He does.

>>Asking about something itself can be as much a contributed thing as
are the responses.<<
Good point, but there is another side of the coin.  The individual who
asks the question should be gracious enough to except the answer.

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator
State of North Dakota
ITD/Records Management