From:
"Rich, Grace" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:52:15 -0600
Effective August 2005 an online 15-credit Records and Information
Management (RIM) certificate will be offered by Chippewa Valley
Technical College (CVTC) in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, a fully accredited
two-year technical college in northwestern Wisconsin. The certificate
will be comprised of five, 3-credit courses and will be delivered
completely over the Internet. Tuition for each 3-credit, 16-week course
will cost approximately $240. Book fees are unknown at this time.
Students may register for any or all of the first three classes of the
certificate beginning in mid- to late July.

CVTC offered a similar certificate from 1997 - 2004. Hundreds of RIM
practitioners worldwide participated in the online offerings, and over
200 RIM professionals successfully completed all the classes, earning
the certificate. The College discontinued the certificate for one year
for budgetary reasons, and we've been using the intervening year to
update the content of the courses and Web site. If you'd be willing to
give your opinion of what specific topics should be in these courses,
I'd like to email you a short survey off-line.

I'll post to the listserv again when the Web site is updated, and you'll
be able to find more information about certificate registration, fees,
books, timelines, and courses.

--Grace

Grace E. Rich, PhD, CRM
Instructor, Business Technology Department
Chippewa Valley Technical College
620 West Clairemont Avenue
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715-858-1856