From:
"Smith, Richard E. (STL)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:28:22 -0600
Good question. Employees (self-included) work virtually all the time.
The bad thing about working virtually is I never know when to quit. All
too often I find myself saying just another half hour and three hours
later I am still at it. In the office I get the hint when the night
cleaners come through.

The issue or question revolves around letting any employee who happens
to be going to another building take sensitive records along for the
ride. My friend maintains what's the big deal. Plus Courier Services
cost money!

My position remains. How can anyone explain that records are kept locked
up while they are in the office, our systems are pass word protected, we
use encryption for secure e-mails on and on and on. Therefore we are
doing everything right. Plus, we all know Tom, Joe or Sally s what's the
problem they have been with us for years.

I also like the excuse budgets are tight. My response always if I were a
judge deciding your case I would ask how much money did your company
make last year and how much did you spend on managing company records?

I think you for your comments and thoughts.

Richard E. Smith, CRM
Director, Records & Information Management
Express Scripts, Inc.
(314) 702-7151