From:
Irene Eklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:56:56 -0400
I am also fairly new to Records Management (I was originally a file
clerk and started managing the records department of my law firm early
last year).  All questions posed by Kirk are questions that are also on
my mind.  In addition, I have the following questions to add . . .

- How can one tell the difference between client documents and
non-client documents?
- How can you sell the idea to Management that more space is needed for
the Records Department?
- Issues surrounding the destruction of files in off site storage -
        - Do you need client authorization?
        - What should be retained from a file permanently - settlement
agreement, releases, etc?
        - What do I do if the firm wants to destroy files but there is
no policy or procedure in place to guide me?
- What kind of Records Management software is there in the legal field?

As my firm is very young and not able to send me to the ARMA Conference,
I am also interested in knowing how I can get hold of all the
documentation for this class.

Irene Eklund