From:
"Gervais, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:35:36 -0400
A quick comment on the weight issue.  I concur with your calculation of
approx. 35lbs per box (letter size).  The issue is will the floor hold the
combined current weight and estimated growth weight of your records.  I went
through this issue some time ago and contacted an engineer.  The engineer
examined the architectural drawings and determined the floor could hold the
weight "if I distributed the weight accordingly".  In other words, I had the
shelving units configured and placed on the floor in a manner that wouldn't
put too much weight in one spot in different areas.  A last comment is good
records retention and disposition will keep your weight down as well.  Keep
smiling.

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Policy and Standards Section
Information Policy and Governance Division
Statistics and Information Management Directorate
Policy and Planning Branch
Canada Revenue Agency
25 Nicolas Street, 16th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5