From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 10:17:54 -0400
Mimi:
"Super Users" are a database software concept in general, not just in
the EDMS/ERMS arena.  For instance, we are currently looking at a new
Customer Information System (CIS) from a large international software
vendor and "super users" are a part of the process.  They are used in
two ways - as a sort of business function representative for design
(rather than the designers having to go to every user of that business
function) and as part of a "train the trainer" approach for user
trainer.  Most large software vendors offer training of "super users"
who are expected, in turn, to train other users.  The private sector is
used to the "super user" concept more so than state and local government
(I'm not sure about the Feds) because of the size and cost of the
systems they implement on a more regular basis.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division