From:
Michael Marchand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Marchand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 08:33:12 -0500
As a record center owner I would say that there is really no excuse
for the loss. We have clients sign a pre-destruction authorization
before we will even pull boxes.

Along with the pre-auth we send an inventory list with as much
descrpition as the client has given us which they also must sign off
on to ensure they know what they are destroying and that there isn't
some box that needs to be held for whatever the reason.

We attached the two documents and after all boxes are pulled we have a
secondary quality check verifying each box to the list.

That being said the limitation of liability - x number of dollars is
valid because realistically it is impossible...impossible for you or
the record center to quantify an actual dollar loss or even a
replacement cost for what was in the box - especially if each document
in the box is unknown. The liability for record centers would be
unlimited an no record center would exist in the US given an unlimited
liability environment.

Regards,

Michael Marchand
VeriTrust - VP Operations