From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2005 11:13:07 -0700
Well, you may or may not recall this first attempt to discuss a specific
issue either here in RECMGMT-L or off-line, but the issue was "Managing
Records of Departing Employees". I posted this on April 21st and decided to
give it about a month to see what kind of responses it would garner.
<http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0504c&L=recmgmt-l&F=&S=&P=16614>

Unfortunately, I only received 4 responses... 3 from others who thought it
was a good idea and would like to see how it develops as a concept and 1
from someone who is fortunate enough to have a very progressive employer
that actually has the Ideal World "as their oyster". Basically, everything
that was presented as what would happen in the ideal world is what they're
doing and (duh) it's working VERY WELL =)

So, now... I'll try and come up with another topic (RW, IW #2) and see if we
can get a few more people to participate in the discussion. And maybe this
time, I'll hold it to a two week window, seeing as a month seems to be too
long.

Thanks to those who participated... and seriously y'all ... if you think
this is a bad idea, let me know (preferably off-line) and I won't waste your
time OR mine on it.

Please include "RW, IW #1" in the subject line of the reply and send your
off-list replies to [log in to unmask]

Larry