From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:35:01 -0700
On 6/6/05, Peter Kurilecz wrote:

>Bill I don't disagree with you that records involve more than legal, IT or
>any other subject, but records management needs to be placed where the most
>power can get behind it. This strength now lies within the Legal department
>and I suspect that it will for quite a long time).

Another office that has gained strength and stature over the past couple of
years, especially because of SOX, is the Corporate Compliance Office.  In
Sempra (and others), our compliance office is separate from the Legal
Department and headed by a Senior VP.  My company considers records
management (and privacy) a compliance issue, bringing it to the forefront
within the organization.

I personally believe placing the Records Manager under either the Legal or
Compliance office (in the Corporate world, anyway) is probably the best fit
strategically in the long term and should benefit our profession immensely.

Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Manager, Records Management
Sempra Global
619-696-4671
619-696-2534 (Fax)
619-952-7145 (Cell)

"Sempra Global is not the same company as the utility SDG&E or SoCal Gas,
and Sempra Global is not regulated by the California Public Utilities
Commission."