From:
Municipal Records <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:55:51 -0600
Lee:  Good stuff...We are just strating a similar process..We are trying
to get all parties to come to the table to solve this dire need, in
recovery..
Chuck Schiell

>>> [log in to unmask] 6/6/2005 1:08 PM >>>
I am in the middle of our annual vital records update process, and can
state that many of our vital record series are electronic.  In fact,
those vital records that exist only in paper are being converted to
electronic format to allow for duplication and dispersal.  The vital
electronic records are placed onto our shared servers which are backed
up routinely.  On a specified schedule, a duplicate set of tapes is
made
of our backups and this duplicate set is stored offsite and protected
appropriately.  This allows our network people to manage their backup
processes without much interference from me and I get a backup copy
for
vital record purposes.  We are investigating a method to "flag" the
file
locations of our electronic vital records that would allow a specific
backup only of those electronic vital records.  These tapes would then
be stored offsite and protected appropriately.  A few examples of
specific vital record series include; key contracts, specific facility
drawings, emergency plans, facility chemical inventory, current
payroll,
and accounts receivable.

Sincerely,

Lee Michael, CRM