From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:06:02 -0400
Steve,

Wow, what a thread!  Based on my experience, the course of action that I
would follow would be to (1) follow the contract terms and conditions - no
consultant can override them, (2) challenge each and every assertion that
you hear - obviously there have already been false assertions, (3)
"triangulate" with your customer - They need to know in a dispassionate
manner what you are hearing.  It is also likely that this "consultant" is
playing both sides off one another.....so there may be some comments/actions
that are being attributed to you that are not factual or accurate, and
finally (4) fully document everything.  If their claims are false, and if
they are purusing a strategy designed to disrupt a valid contractual
relationship....many states have statutes that deal with "tortuous
interference" with the conduct of business (check with an attorney on that
part!!!).

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+
(working from home and part of a large company ---- sorry, I just HAD to
include that!)