From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:41:32 -0400
On 6/9/05, Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Who is it Steve? Name names. It is ok to provide constructive feedback
> > to colleagues about a vendor or consultant.
>
>  I'd STRONGLY URGE YOU to NOT "name names" here, or in any other public
> forum when it comes to direct criticism of the service or product offerings
> of any commercial entity unless you have multiple sources that can
> corroborate the information and/or you have something in writing to support
> it.

I fully agree with Larry on this. Allegations, innuendoes,
unsubstantiated information are terms that lawyers love. If you don't
have written evidence, eyewitness accounts (as in an affidavit) and
other supporting material, publicly naming an individual or company
could result in a lawsuit for defamation of character, slander,
spreading rumors, etc, and I doubt if many folks here can afford the
type of legal representation that such lawsuits would require.

Peterk