From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:51:15 -0700

> We also have SCT Banner here at the University and this
> is one of our questions also.

 http://www.appworx.com/solutions/banner.cfm

 I was wondering if any of you
> have had experience with archiving the contents of PeopleSoft?

 http://www.outerbay.com/OuterBay_PeopleSoft_Certified.pdf
  Neither of these are necessarily "bulletproof" solutions to the situations
you're facing, but they are certified 3rd party products that offer what IT
types call "archiving" capabilities for the data in these systems. I
wouldn't tout either as a RM tool, but once you can extract the data, if you
have the ability to further manipulate it. If you can get it into a CSV
format (or the XML format Outerbay mentions), you could then re-purpose the
data and place in into a true ERMS.
 What these requests point out is the value of involving an RIM in the
selection process for "software solutions" before they become "information
management problems".
  In the case of SCT Banner, I believe it's a proprietary datastore, and if
I'm not mistaken HE has a requirement for permanent (whatever that means)
retention of this data. In the case of PeopleSoft, well... can you spell
O_R_A_C_L_E ???

Larry