From:
David Kemper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:27:48 -0400
The word "highjacking" is very appropriate. I find the real strength of
the article is that it reveals how the IT sector is thinking about
electronic records. In order to counter their arguments and
black-and-white belief, one should understand what's going on on the
other end of the spectrum. Anyway, that's the way I looked at this
article.

From personal experience, I've had trouble dealing with our IT
department. To them, e-records management is a matter of moving data to
cheaper storage media, regardless of content or value of the records....

>I read the article.  On the one hand, it's another instance of the IT
world highjacking a  >records management concept and butchering it.
(Today "ILM," yesterday "archiving.")  For   >example in a fairly long
article the words destroy, delete and purge were used a total of  >one
time.