From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:29:38 -0400
My experience with the IBM products is that they are very solid and very
good products.  However, they tend to be somewhat compartmentalized....and
must often be pieced together through somewhat costly services engagements
(that complicates efforts for long-term support and maintenance).  If you're
in the business of evaluating your options, I'd recommend that you first
look through current Gartner reports (perhaps your IT team has access to
them), and then look at other major players by comparison.

How well they would work in your environment is totally dependent upon that
environment and upon what your organization seeks to accomplish.  Is your
environment focused strictly on DB-2 as its database? If so, which "flavor"
of DB-2 is required?  Are you working and do you require the use of a
mainframe environment? .... hopefully not, since mainframes are a bit wasted
on document management technologies.

Among the players that I would consider would be those firms that appear in
the Gartner Magic Quadrant for ECM (Enterprise Content Management) or BPM
(Business Process Management).

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+