From:
Janie Wait <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janie Wait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:12:20 -0600
I am an IPSA associate provider and thought some in-sight to the main
purpose of the organization might help you understand that someone else's
experience might not be pertinent to you.

IPSA is an association of regional destruction providers that was
established to allow our small companies to compete for national contracts.
IPSA requires that each member pay monthly dues and all their members are
required to be NAID certified. When IPSA wins a contract they contact their
member in each of their client's areas and establishes the standards,
scheduling and billing levels for the national client. So a client may
actually end up dealing with several providers but IPSA provides single
point of contact, billing, re-scheduling etc.

Personally, I feel that having a smaller local company provide service can
have enormous benefits. Your branch in the area will not be just a location
number to their local provider. They have a higher probability of having a
working knowledge of the people who run the company, The local company can
deal with problems or special needs much quicker. The local company must
work harder to assure their reputation is maintained in their market and
must be sensitive to local market needs and culture.

Hope this helps.

Janie Wait, CRM, MBA
President
Director of Marketing