From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:35:33 -0700

> But the question nobody has asked is, WHO
> CARES? Why would any records manager care about *pieces of paper* as a
> unit of measurement?
>
> What industry is it where RIM professionals manage at the *piece of
> paper* level?

 One situation this might matter in is if someone is considering the
conversion, imaging or scanning a large volume of cartons of records and
they are attempting to estimate the cost of the effort.
 Naturally, they would have to consider many other factors about the source
documents in those cartons to get an accurate estimate, but if they're
attempting to get a "ballpark figure", the first issue someone higher on the
food chain might as is "how many pieces of paper are we talking about?"
 After all, not everyone is fortunate enough to be a Records Manager and
have OUR level of knowledge!
 Larry