From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:49:45 -0700
On 6/24/05, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This is a wonderfully, delightful Friday discussion. Thanks and I look
> forward to this ensuing discussion and learning the life expectancy of a
> rubber
> band.

 If you want a lengthy discussion of the "sins of the use of fasteners",
post this question to the Archives List.
 Not only will you see every message appended to the prior messages, and
extremely lengthy responses that boil down to "I agree" or "I disagree", but
you'll also be treated to a discussion on the evils of off-gassing =)
 Now, if you want to learn more aboutth eproperties of various forms of what
we commonly know as "rubber", try this on for size (so to speak):

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pmcentrez&artid=59076
 And although I doubt there's ONE Answer to the question, according to the
Trivia page on lee-rubber.com <http://lee-rubber.com> ,
 *No one's absolutely sure about exactly how or when rubber bands came into
existence. One theory is that someone cut an old bicycle inner tube for
securing a certain object. Then others found it very useful and
convenient...even though it was not as elastic as today's rubber bands.*
 And, we've apparently desired to know the answer to this question since
1845, and here's who we have to blame.
 http://www.arthistoryclub.com/art_history/Rubber_band
 Finally, here's more than you ever wanted to know about rubber bands, but
still no definitive answer...
 http://www.cec.com.my/faq.htm
 Must be Friday....
 Larry