From:
Joanne Seitter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:06:51 -0400
Larry wrote

 >  If you want a lengthy discussion of the "sins of the use of fasteners",
 > post this question to the Archives List.

OR, have one of the archivists turned RM people chime in.  In my former
life as an archivist, rubber bands were definitely "VERY BAD THINGS."
So I will say if any of the records that are being held together by
rubber bands have any chance of finding their way to an archives, get
rid of them now.  Of course, just about any fastener is on the list of
very bad things.

Now that I am in RM, I have lightened up on the use of fasteners, after
all, most of what I deal with is going to be dumped in a shredder in 7
years or less, so who cares. I still use a pencil all the time.  You can
take the archivist out of the archives, but..........................