From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:17:05 -0400
> Chicago ARMA conference

Speaking of the Conference, I believe I had a bet with the Listserv on
how may records managers would send a response to ARMA HQ and to NFPA
for the meeting on the NFPA 232.  I believe we started with  me
providing the wine for so many replies and then for so many more, I had
to supply the beer too.  And in a desperate late night post I may have
promised wings too.

So if the Listserv will provide the best date and time, I will set
everything else up.  What works well and doesn't conflict with serious
ARMA business?

As with all good informational programs, I now provide the answers only
in the FAQ section:

1) No the party won't be at Hooters!
2) No, there is no FIRELOCK bus running from the hotel to the Party.
3) No, the Hooters waitresses will not be serving
4) No there will be no PowerPoint to watch while you are drinking.
5) Yes we could rent a Karioke machine and make Peter and Larry perform.
6) Of course they will deny to have any desire to sing but that all
changes after they have three or four beers, then they will sound just
like Willie and Waylon with "On the Road Again"
7) No, I can't promise they won't change the lyrics to be relevant to
records management issues.  Although I don't know how you rhyme "On the
Retention Schedule Again" with anything.
8) Yes, there might be Calendar with Lords and Ladies of ARMA if
someone brings a Digital Camera.  That's why there's prize for the best
Records Management Costume.

So if someone who knows the ARMA meeting schedule wants to tender a
time and date I will set things up.  The Road to Chicago begins.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM