From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:45:12 -0700
Carlin resigned, and he is no longer Archivist.  In USA politics at that
level you can certainly choose your team, and all Presidents do.  You
can even fire your travel office staff, of all things, if they do not
please you, and that happened with the previous President.

The attention paid to the hiring of Weinstein was unfair, did a
disservice, and had more than a bit of political agenda and smack
associated.  It was offensive to me, and some of the things ARMA
published and re-published, and continue to publish on their website are
offensive to me.  I do not like seeing the signs that ARMA HQ has
partisan political agendae.  It has been that way for some 7 or so
years.  If their political views were the same as mine, I would likely
quietly smile and not mention it.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/29/05 07:25AM >>>
There's little point in rehashing the extent to which Carlin allegedly
was forced to resign.
<snip>