From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:08 -0600
Thank you, Mark, for your response, and to the others who forwarded similar advice - you all are awesome!

Yes, I know that if we had to outsource the RM function that the first thing the city would do would be to adopt the model retention schedule provided by the Colorado State Archives.  The model serves as a wonderful resource to us, but there are reasons we have not adopted it to date, primarily because we have me who can fine tune the city's retention schedule so that it fits each department specifically, using the actual names of the records titles used by city staff. If the city were to adopt the model schedule, the "consultant" would then have the primary job of developing and monitoring a compliance program and no, we wouldn't save any money.

I came up with a similar figure as you did (higher actually) for outsourcing all the imaging currently done in-house.  This ended up being an interesting exercise and I greatly appreciate all of you for responding so quickly.

Sharon