From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:52:53 -0400
Have any of you attended any conference sessions where Eduard Marks has
presented papers?  I don't attend RIM-related conferences so I don't
know how narrow or broad the focus might be.  Dr. Marks is an Air Force
Historian.  I searched the recmgmt-L archives but was surprised to see
that his name did not come up at all in any of your discussions. (?)
Has anyone in the RIM field ever invited Dr. Marks to a conference?  I
remember talking to Rick Barry about Dr. Marks last December but don't
remember what settings Rick had seen him in.

Dr. Marks's comments from the end user perspective about knowledge gaps
come up from time to time on the archival side (see the references to
him at
http://www.aranz.org.nz/SITE_Default/SITE_publications/papers_online/terry_cook_paper.asp).
  Some of what he discusses is pertinent to appraisal and RIM experts as
well as to archivists--at least to those of you who deal with
government records of national interest.

Maarja