From:
Rick Barry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:52:26 EDT
In a message dated Mon, 4 Jul 2005 12:13:46 -0700
cflynn <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> Archivist need to become Records Managers and Records Managers
> need to become Archivists. We should all have the same base of
> knowledge. Should we specialize beyond that? Yes. Should we have
> historians at conferences? Yes. I personally would like to see a core of
> professional development seminars that are presented at the conferences
> that are more in line with required if you are going to claim to be a
> Records Manager.

Very well said, Chris. That was certainly one of the principal tunes I was
trying to sing...sorry if with too much heart or too long. Maarja, I didn't ever
get feedback on why Shelley's session wasn't attended well. And yes, she
writes (and speaks) very much in your face, which can be off-putting to many
people, but we all have faults and they shouldn't get unduly in the way of the
messages being sent. She had excellent messages and is one of the strongest
supporters and proponents of recordkeeping I've ever met.

I hope everyone had a wonderful J4 weekend. Like Chris, I was at a new grill
with pork ribs with my wife and kids and grandkids. Loved it. Back to work.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Barry
www.mybestdocs.com