From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:58:36 -0700
My dad and my uncle used to love to fish for crappie because there was no
limit and you could literally bring them in by the boat load. They knew a
man who owned a 10 acres or so lake that was over-run with crappie. I fished
with them too, although I have always preferred dry fly fishing for trout on
streams.

My mom never liked them because they are not easy to clean - tough scales
like carp. If you dip them in boiling water, they do clean fairly well.

I remember them using a special wet fly - seems like the body of it was made
out of chamois and it had a small yellow feather. Some weight - not much
just enough to give you a little control.

Brings back good memories of rainy Washington days spent hiding under a tent
with soggy sandwiches waiting for a weather break. I remember learning to
play the guitar or playing cribbage while waiting to go out and fish.

Rock on!
Sharon Burnett
Seattle WA where we thank the lord for Gortex!