From:
Vaughan Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:44:11 +0200
Good Day,

I have been off the list for some time and by way of re-introduction I
am Vaughan Spooner CRM, based in Johannesburg, South Africa working as a
consultant to an Engineering Procurement Construction Management
company, Murray & Roberts Engineering Solutions, as Corporate
Information Manager, but for my sins I am also currently running the IT
function.

I would like to enquire if anyone is using any of the following products
as the installed base in SA is somewhat limited and would like an
independent view of functionality.

*       We are using an engineering data warehouse called SmartPlant
Foundation, supplied by Intergraph of Huntsville Tennessee. We use this
product in our projects environment where our core business is design
and build. Previously we had been using AIM Directa, also supplied by
Intergraph, in project executions purely as a document management tool.
Both of these had not been rolled out to our corporate environment and I
was wondering if anyone else on the list was using it and how far had
you rolled it into the business.
*       We are going through a huge amount of pain due to recent
legislation that in effect has given e-mail the status of a statutory
record. As our Exchange server is currently some 64 GB it would be
totally impractical to convert to hardcopy. Thus, we have been looking
at e-mail archiving solutions and in terms of the Gartner Magic Quadrant
have focused on EVS/VERATIS and EAS/ZANTAZ who are best placed in the
quadrants. The installed base is not so good and all the implementations
are no where near our business model. In addition during discussions one
vendor stated that the automatic classification tool worked very well
and the other indicted that it didn't work so well. Has anybody used any
of these products and in particular how has the automatic classification
tool worked with what level of manual intervention?

Any information anyone is willing to share will be most appreciated.

Vaughan

Tel       +27 11 456 1056

Fax      =27 11 455 2511

Disclaimer