Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:21:49 -0700
I agree with Paul ... but one thing that we are not lacking is thinkers, but
the lack of ethics.  It isn't only the business community that is having a
problem with ethics, it appears thought the disciplines.  Perhaps there
should be basic, middle and advanced ethics classes required in both high
school, college (at each degree level - Bachelors, Masters and Doctors).
Unfortunately, you will still have bad apples.

Bob Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting

Subject: Re: Interdisciplinary communication

I'm not sure what happened, but the business majors won--seemingly.  But the
recent business collapses, corporate scandals, and rash of executive
convictions demonstrate that not all is well in the business world.  And
closer to home, the volatility of technology demonstrates that much of what
we learn today will irrelevant tomorrow.

All this leads me to believe that the best thinkers, whether their majors be
in business, archives, or art appreciation, have the competencies that we
require for our profession.

Paul R. Scott, CA, CRM
Records Management Officer
Harris County, TX