From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:26:46 -0700
For the benefit of List members who a) are not ARMA members or b) are
not going to the ARMA Conference or c) want to be sure that their boss
doesn't know that they are really going to hang out at a 4am club all
week, I invite discussion of local arrangements issues regarding the
Chicago ARMA Conference to move to the Yahoo! Group that has been set
up for this purpose.

With regard to the specific concerns about the Hyatt, keep in mind that
the Hyatt is a very large hotel and lots of things can go wrong at any
time. I'm presently travelling and for the first time in over 20 years
of business travel, I came back to a hotel room (at 8:30pm) that had
not been cleaned. They left me the cookie and milk, but no one cleaned
the room during the 13 hours I was absent. Bad days happen. If you look
at reviews of hotels, you also want to see if there are common threads
over a long period of time. The Hyatt attracts lots of large convention
groups and some of those groups can be rowdy at times. If you're paying
$200 a night and somebody opens a hospitality room next door (hmmmm,
does that EVER happen at ARMA?), you might be pretty cheesed at
Midnight when the party is getting wound up. Add in a 4am club (which,
if memory serves, is probably the old sports bar off the big atrium,
which I think is not near any rooms) where some over-served patrons may
wander back to their rooms at an ungodly hour -- and you'll get some
complaints.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM