From:
JESSE WILKINS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 06:21:05 -0600
Hi Sally,

Just checked the Glossary and it did not define thesaurus or controlled
vocabulary, and it defined only classification system - "A system in which
related material is filed under a major subject and its subheadings. Also
known as encyclopedic subject filing."

As many folks on the list know, we are working to update the Glossary right
now - we've been working on it for the last 18 months and I think we'll have
a public draft out right around the ARMA Conference. I looked, and we didn't
define any of those terms in the updated one either.

So watch this space - when the public draft is available I'll post to here
as well. If there's a term you think should be there that isn't, such as one
or more of these, you'll be able to do so. Note that it also helps to
provide at least a straw man definition so we know what you're looking for.

Hope this helps,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, EDP, ICP
Metalinear Media