From:
Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:47:29 -0500
I'm certainly not the last word, but I can lend insight from my last
position.  We switched from 100% paper to imaging our three most
voluminous/referenced record types very aggressively.  For each batch, we
had each scanning assistant initial for each of the following steps: Prep,
Scan, 1st QA, Index/Data Verify, 2nd QA (post PDF creation) and a 3rd QA of
random batches by my manager and me.  This procedure included the scanning
assistant counting pages and comparing the count in the QA step as well as
checking each page on the screen one by one.

For the particular auditors at that company though even this wasn't enough
to destroy the paper.  Once or twice a year these auditors would call back a
select number of scanned originals for a comparison.  I always felt we
should have pressed the auditors more to allow us to destroy the paper, but
that wasn't my call.

Good luck!