Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:55:02 -0400
I am also a lurker on this lserv.  You may want to research Florida after
last years hurricanes.  Because of family I am often in the Punta Gorda and
Port Charlotte area the two places that received most of Charley's wrath
last August.  Even when I went down there last June - the amount of damage
still not repaired was huge.  Many of the small businesses that were in the
little shopping centers along 41 (Tamiami Trail) have not come back.  One
national business, Budget, was working out of a trailer as March of 2005.
Their building and lot were completely destroyed.

Orlando, Vero Beach, and Panama City were also hit and received massive
damage during last years Hurricane season - you may find leads in those
areas too.

Barbara O'Brien
Archivist
McDaniel College