From:
"mckinney, susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:24:08 -0500
Folks:

The Records Management Listserv is, and always has been, a public
listserv. Anyone can join, anyone can leave, and the postings are
maintained in the Records Management Listserv archive.  This archive is
accessible to anyone and is used quite often by records managers and
other professionals to do research and answer questions.

As many of you know, the Records Management Listserv is not affiliated
with ARMA or any other organization.  It is owned by myself and
maintained by Peter and Marc.  It is housed at the University of
Florida, a public educational institution.

The Records Management Listserv was created in 1989 by a group us who
worked in Universities.  As more and more people saw the importance of
the listserv to their work, and as more corporations and individuals got
email capabilities, the listserv expanded to anyone who wanted to share
records management thoughts and issues.  It has always been important to
those of us who started it, own it and manage it to have it be an open
forum.  We do not moderate the listserv, or see the messages before they
post.  We rely on the listserv members to be professional and treat each
other with respect.  When things get out of hand, as they invariably do,
one of us (Peter, Marc or I) will quietly intervene.

Hope that answers any questions you might have.  Everyone have a great
weekend.

Fondly,
Susan

Susan McKinney, CRM