From:
Norman Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:22:31 -0400
And to follow Gary's thread...

If the Records Managers can get clarification on the value(positive and
negative) classification for the records then the IT department will have an
easier time devising infrastructure that meets that optimizes value rather
than always exceeding it.  And the RM process overall helps clarify the
infrastructure requirements.

The easiest IT case to make is one where the infrastructure cost is tightly
aligned with the business need.  Tangentially it helps others self-assess
their value proposition before they jump into the "me too" queue of requests
for IT spend.

For this reason I wouldn't want a 5th category for IT.